Friday 8 January 2010

Bits and Pieces

Sooo... I know I wrote yesterday, but I feel like it again today.  I'm elated, because I've finished my outline of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and I love the 'done' feeling.  Now to finish writing the book itself.

I've spent rather a lot of time on the net lately, and I wish now that I'd spent the time writing instead.  It's a glorious feeling, to read over what you've written and to know that it fits together like a complete jigsaw puzzle.  And sometimes to feel that it's a lovely as one, too.

Well, school goes back in two weeks, and I kind of want to start again, and kind of don't.  I'm enjoying these hols, writing and all, and I'd rather spend my time writing rather than doing boring and time-consuming schoolwork.  But also, I only have 2 years left now, then 4 years uni, and my formal education's finished.  It's actually quite a scary thought.  2 years, and my schoolwork as I know it will be through and I'll be going to uni, then that'll be done too and I'll be faced with the prospect of finding a job and leaving the security of my casual job and schoolwork, the ever-repeating cycle.  I still find it hard to believe I'll be turning 16 soon.  The magical number - I'll be able to get my learner's license and start to drive and work towards P plates and so much else.

I need to write some more or I'll go nuts.  I have too many words in my head right now.  And finishing cleaning off my bed before bedtime might be a good idea, too.  So, signing off for now.

No comments: